By empty (1/8/2007 issue of the CACI Analyst)
Kazakhstan has lifted the ban on the launches of Dnepr rockets from Baikonur space center, head of the aerospace committee of the Kazakh Ministry of Education and Science Murat Nurgazhin told Interfax on Monday. \"The Kazakh governmental commission signed all the necessary documents related to the accident and test launches of Dnepr from Baikonur are permitted as of the beginning of 2007,\" he said. Kazakhstan banned Dnepr takeoffs from Baikonur following a failed launch at the end of July last year.The Central Asia-Caucasus Analyst is a biweekly publication of the Central Asia-Caucasus Institute & Silk Road Studies Program, a Joint Transatlantic Research and Policy Center affiliated with Johns Hopkins University's Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, Washington DC., and the Institute for Security and Development Policy, Stockholm. For 15 years, the Analyst brings cutting edge analysis of the region geared toward a practitioner audience.